Road to Lotts' House (an excerpt from a thesis presented to the Faculty of the
Div. of Grad Studies Brooklyn College of the City University
of New York.) by Pearl G. Minsky - January 1963
On June 8, 1866 by order of the Commissoners of Highways, a road was laid
out from the house of Johannes Lott to the Davitson Lane and portions of the
Old Canarsie Lane, not included in the new, were discountinued.
The affected area lay between E. 57th Street and E. 92nd Street.
The street now lies between E. 83rd Street and E. 92nd Street, between Ave. J
and Ave. K, with an extension halfway between E. 85th Street and E. 86th Street.
Johannes Lott used the American form of his first name, "John" in later years.